Sunday 3 June 2012

Personalized Flower Arrangements


Nothing brightens up a room quite like a vase of fresh flowers! This year for Mother’s Day I decided I wanted to treat each of my grandmothers to a special floral arrangement. I selected a bright and cheerful colour scheme of yellow flowers and chose a personalized container to serve as a vase. The teapot arrangement was created for my maternal Grandmother because of her love for tea and her collection of teapots. The utensil crock arrangement was created for my paternal Grandmother in honour of her amazing culinary skills!

Although, I used these arrangements as Mother’s Day gifts, I think they would also make great gifts for any of the following; hostess gifts, end of school year gifts for teachers or birthday gifts. They would also make beautiful centerpieces for a spring/summer wedding, bridal shower, baby shower or even your kitchen table.

You can also get creative with your container choices, you are not limited to just utensil crocks and tea pots. If you have a friend who loves baking you could create an arrangement in a loaf pan and attach a recipe for banana bread. That is what I love about this style of floral arrangements, when the flowers die the container can serve its original purpose instead just collecting dust amongst the other vases under the kitchen sink.

ps. If you want to create a similar look, the flowers I used in my arrangements are as follows: alstroemeira, tulips, and fuji spider mums.

No comments:

Post a Comment