Tuesday 26 June 2012

Sweet Pink & Purple Baby Shower Cake


This weekend I made a cake for my very good friend's surprise baby shower. Since she is having a girl, I decided to create something very sweet and feminine. I used white fondant to keep the background clean and fresh and then decorated with hearts, birds and flowers in pink and purple. I topped the cake off with a handmade baby girl holding a couple of flowers and a cute little flag with the announcement "it's a girl!"


For the cake itself, I used the same vanilla sponge and butter cream I featured in my Pretty in Purple - Floral Themed Baby Shower Cake, but with a slight twist! I added crushed up Ferraro Roche chocolates to the butter cream and absolutely loved the result. The chocolates added an unexpected surprise that left everyone wondering what the secret ingredient was! I can't wait to try this combination again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment