Sunday 17 June 2012

New Vintage: Painted Mason Jar Floral Arrangements


I created these mason jar arrangements to go with the Pretty in Purple: Floral Cake I designed for a friend of the family’s baby shower. I wanted the arrangements to be soft and girly with a touch of vintage.

My original thought was to create the arrangements using vintage milkglasses as vases; however, I could not source enough milkglass pieces in time for the shower. I decided I could achieve a similar look by spray painting mason jars with a flat white spray paint. It took a couple of nights, lots of drying time, 2 cans of spray paint and about 5 coats in total, but in the end I was very pleased with the final look.

As for the flowers in the arrangements I wanted to stick with a purple colour scheme to coordinate with the cake. I also decided to create two different styles of arrangements to add some additional interest and depth to the décor. The first arrangement was created using white hydrangeas that were lightly sprayed with a purple floral paint; the second arrangement was created using purple roses, spider mums and lisianthus.  




No comments:

Post a Comment