Wednesday 27 June 2012

Lovely Lemon Cupcakes


In case you haven't noticed from my recent posts - I have been baking up a storm lately! This week I decided to break free from all the vanilla cake I have been baking and try something a little lighter, fresher and summery - Lemon Cupcakes.

I used a variation of my favourite vanilla sponge recipe found here, I just subsituted the buttermilk with a cup of organic vanilla yogurt, and swapped out the vanilla extract for some lemon extract and added about 1 1/2 tablespoons of freshly grated lemon zest and VOLIA lovely lemon cupcakes! I found these cupcakes to be quite light and airy. For the buttercream icing I again swapped out the vanilla extratct for some lemon extract in my usual icing recipe found here and the result was amazing - not too sweet and just enough lemon flavour! I think these cupcakes will be making a repeat appearence in my kitchen very soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment