Wednesday 17 October 2012

Thanksgiving Wrap-up: Pumpkin Floral Arrangements

 If you are looking for simple DIY centerpiece for your fall/thanksgiving table, this pumpkin floral arrangement is absolutely perfect. Not only was this centerpiece super easy to put together, it was also extremely cost effective. In fact it was so easy and cost effective that I created two arrangements for less than $20.

To create my arrangements I purchased two small pumpkins at my grocery store for $1.70 each and one bouqet of country flowers for $11.99. I also used half a block of floral foam (optional) that I had on hand and two recycled candle jars to hold the floral foam/water.

Step 1: Carve the top of your pumpkin and clean out the inside, make sure the hole is large enough to accomodate the candle jar or what ever vessel you are using to hold your flowers.

Step 2: Insert the candle jar/water vessel into your hallowed out pumpkin.

Step 3: Fill your candle jar/vessel with water. If you are using floral foam, insert your foam into the jar/vessel at this point and fill with water.

Step 4: Begin cutting your flowers to size and arrange them to your liking.

Step 5: Place on your table and enjoy!!

NOTE: When I was clearing the table at the end of the night I noticed a few fruit flies around the centerpieces. Spraying the pumpkins with an acrylic sealer after carving might help to reduce the fruit flies!

Leave me a comment below if you decide to create a pumpkin floral centerpiece for your table.

No comments:

Post a Comment