Sunday 21 October 2012

Thanksgiving Wrap-Up: Fall Inspired Birthday Cake

A very special part of my family's Thanksgiving get together is the celebration of my grandmother's birthday. Like me, my grandmother loves to bake, and for as long as I can remember she has whipped up a delicious cake for everyone in my family on their birthday - in fact,  I think she has even baked her own birthday cake on numerous occasions! This year, I decided she needed a break and created this fall inpsired birthday cake to celebrate the beautiful season in which her birthday falls.

I tried a new chocolate cake and peanut buttercream recipe for this cake and I was extremely happy with the results! Look out for a blog post dedicated to these two recipes sometime soon!




2 comments:

  1. This cake is beautiful - what a talent you have! I have a hard time just icing a sheet cake, haha. Also - coral charm peonies are my favorites, too :)

    ReplyDelete