Sunday 14 October 2012

Thanksgiving Wrap-up: Acorn Cookies

We hosted Thanksgiving at our place this year, so I am dedicating my posts this week to some of the homemade elements I created to make our celebration a special and memorable one!

No Thanksgiving dinner is complete without dessert, and to compliment that traditional apple and pumpkin pie, I baked up a batch of these cute and festive acorn cookies.

To make your own batch of acorn cookies, follow my steps below.

You will need:

- Mini peanut butter cookies (I baked a batch using my favourite peanut butter cookie recipe and just rolled the dough into mini sized cookies).
- Unwrapped Hershey's Kisses
- Mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate melts

Directions:

1. Bake your peanut butter cookies, when they are fresh out of the oven, top each one with a mini chocolate chip and then allow the cookies to cool.
2. Once your cookies have cooled, place your chocolate melts in a bowl and melt them in the microwave.
3. Dip the bottom of the Hershey's Kisses in the melted chocolate and attach to it to the bottom of your peanut butter cookie, then set aside to cool.
4. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment