Thursday 26 July 2012

Floral Jewel Headband


During hot summer months, headbands are more than just a hair accessory; they are a hair necessity! These fashion favourites keep you looking stylish while also keeping stray hairs in check and off your face.  I wanted to embellish some of my basic headbands and make them more appropriate for a night out. Using some felt, craft jewels and a glue gun I created a pretty floral design to add some much needed glamor to my everyday headband. I absolutely love the way this headband turned out, I can’t wait to embellish the rest of my headband collection and possibly create a miniature version for my niece!
If you want to make your own Floral Jewel Headband you can follow my steps below.
Materials
-          Craft Jewels
-          Felt
-          Headband
-          Glue Gun
-          Scissors

Step 1: Layout your design using your craft jewels.
Step 2: Cut out a piece of felt that is roughly the same size as your design.

Step 3: Using your glue gun affix the jewels to the felt.
Step 4: Once you have glued your entire design to the felt, cut away any excess felt.

Step 5: Place some glue on the back of your design and affix it to your headband.

Step 6: Wear and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment